Boston Teachers Union
The Boston Teachers Union proudly represents 5,500 teachers and other professionals including nurses, psychologists, and guidance counselors. In addition, we represent approximately 1,000 paraprofessionals, and close to 500 substitute teachers.
BTU’s primary responsibilities include:
- Negotiate and enforce the contract
- Represent the membership in all matters related to work
- Answer job-related questions and assist in any job-related matter
- Work with the community to ensure our schools are the best as they can be
- Promote the strengthening of public education
- Work to ensure adequate funding to support improvements in public education
- Work through COPE to elect pro-public education, pro-union candidates.
For local information on the Fund for Teachers grant process, contact Paul Tritter at BTU firstname.lastname@example.org.